Employee Benefits Information
The City of Springdale offers a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees. If you have any questions about benefits, perks or retirement plans, please call the Human Resources Department at 479-750-8121.
City of Springdale pays 70% of premium costs of health, dental, vision and life insurance. Employees pay the remaining 30% of premium costs. Eligibility is effective the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Group health plans available through Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- PPO plan and High Deductible Health Plan with H.S.A. available
- Dental insurance available through Delta Dental
- Vision insurance available through VSP
- Life insurance available through Mutual of Omaha
- Flexible Spending Account Option
- Prescription Card Drug Program
Employee Paid Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- UARK Federal Credit Union Membership
- United Federal Credit Union Membership
- Free City Gym
- Free Membership to the Springdale Recreation Center
Retirement PlansEmployees are eligible to participate in the retirement plan after 30 days of regular, full-time employment. This includes generous employer contributions and 100% vesting of all contributions and investment income upon completion of five years of employment.
- 401a Money Purchase Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- LOPFI Benefit Program II for Civil Service employees
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- FICA (Social Security and Medicare)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Military Leave
- Injury Leave
Civil Service Employees
Some benefits differ for Civil Service employees (Uniformed Police Officers and Firefighters) such as Retirement Plan, Vacation Leave, and Social Security. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.