At their regularly scheduled meeting on Nov. 28, the Springdale City Council voted to hold a special election on Feb. 13, 2018 so Springdale voters can decide if the City can sell bonds to finance capital improvements.
As outlined in the ordinance, the proposed 2018 bond will be allocated as follows:
- $92,710,000 in maximum principal amount for the Street Improvements
- $21,320,000 in maximum principal amount for the Park and Recreational Improvements
- $17,635,000 in maximum principal amount for Fire Department Improvements
- $42,580,000 in maximum principal amount for Criminal Justice and Administration Building Improvements
- $5,645,000 in maximum principal amount for the Animal Shelter Improvements
- $44,765,000 in maximum principal amount for the refunding of the Series 2013 Bonds
Each of the above items will be individual ballot questions. This bond authorization will not include a tax increase, but instead will continue the current 1% sales and use tax that was levied in 2003 and continued in 2006 as approved by Springdale voters.
Details of specific projects will be determined after the election. To learn more about the upcoming bond election, please visit us online at www.SpringdaleAR.gov. We strongly encourage all Springdale residents to educate themselves on the upcoming special election and reach out to the Mayor's Office if they have any comments, questions, or concerns.